Attorney Dennis J. Calcagno, Esq. was born in Quincy, Massachusetts. He is a 1975 graduate of Northeastern University and a 1985 graduate from New England Law, both in Boston. He has worked as an attorney in private practice with other associates, concentrating in matters of civil litigation, civil rights, and personal injury trials.
He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, and the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association. He has been a contract mediator for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission since 2000. Attorney Calcagno was considered the top mediator by and for the U.S. District Court in Boston, during his participation in 2006 to 2008. In 2002, he completed the Harvard Law School’s program on negotiation and mediation.
Attorney Calcagno is a frequent speaker on alternative dispute resolution techniques and strategies at New England Law and Suffolk Law School, in Boston. He is also a former Special Agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF). He is a former Florida City police officer.
Other notable posts and achievements include
- Former professor – Mediation Skills at New England Law
- Former U.S. Naval Academy Blue and Gold Officer
- Completed the State of Florida Circuit Civil Mediation Certification Training Program – August 2019
- Master 50 Tons U.S. Coast Guard Captain’s License (2009)
- 2007 Boston Marathon finisher
- 2005 Ironman Germany Triathlon finisher
- 2004 Escape from the Rock (Alcatraz) Triathlon finisher
- Interests include: Sailboat racing, Power boating, Fishing, Golfing, Ocean swimmer, Motorcycle enthusiast, Snow skiing, Musician, Cigar aficionado